Q: How do I know if HATCH is for me?
A: HATCH is for companies:
- Creating a product / service based on a disruptive or innovative technology.
- Looking for publicity and recognition for their groundbreaking concept.
- Willing to receive active coaching / mentoring.
- Interested in receiving funding.
- Creating a concept that has potential to be investable by Angels or VCs within next 12 months.
Q: Is there an application fee?
Q: Is HATCH part of the SXSW Accelerator?
Q: If I am accepted into the program, will I need a SXSW badge?
A: Yes. You will be responsible for obtaining your own Interactive, Gold, or Platinum SXSW badges for two company representatives. Applying and being accepted in the HATCH program does not result in a badge. (UPDATE: January, 2014 – HATCH pitch may be providing badges for finalists and discounted badges for additional company representatives. Details have not yet been confirmed.)
Q: How long will I have to pitch?
A: Four minutes followed by several minutes of questions from the judges.
Q: My company is a finalist in the SXSW Accelerator. Can I participate in HATCH?
A: Finalists/alternates for the SXSW Accelerator are not eligible to also present at HATCH @ SXSW.