These frequently asked questions cover a typical HATCH pitch competition. Other opportunities and services may have different requirements.
Q: How do I know if HATCH pitch is for me?
A: HATCH pitch is for startups:
- Creating a product / service based on a disruptive or innovative technology.
- Looking for publicity and recognition for their groundbreaking concept.
- Seeking active coaching / mentoring.
- Interested in receiving funding.
- Creating a concept that has potential to be investable by Angels or VCs within next 12 months.
Q: Eligibility Requirements?
A: Applicants to HATCH pitch must meet the following requirements:
- Company’s product / service must have launched within the past 2 years.
- Companies will be allowed to submit only 1 product / service to HATCH pitch.
- Founders must retain some portion of ownership in the company.
- Received less than $3 million in funding from 3rd party investors.
- Presenter must actively participate in HATCH pitch coaching.
Q: How long will I have to pitch?
A: Four minutes followed by several minutes of questions from the judges.
Q: Is there an application fee?
A: No fee to apply. There may be fees depending on the service or event selected.