It’s only one week till HATCH pitch Day with SXSW Interactive officially kicking off this lucky Friday, March 13. We are excited to see all of you in person in Austin. To help out with things, here is some critical info and logistics you will want to know regarding your participation in and around HATCH pitch as well as some SXSW tips and tricks.
Badges and SXSW:
You will need to pick up your badge from the SXSW registration at latest the day before the event (i.e. on Sunday March 15 – see your badge confirmation email that came from 'email@example.com' for badge pickup hours).
If you haven’t already done so, please activate your SXSocial account (sxsocial.com) and upload your photo and bio. This info shows up on the SXSW website alongside the HATCH pitch schedule. A SXSocial Activation Code was sent with your registration confirmation email from SXSW.
All SXSW registrants will receive a Badge Pickup QuickCode that will act as an identifier when picking up their registrations. lease ing your QuickCode and overnment issued, valid photo D to badge pickup. our QuickCode can be found in your SXSocial account.
2015 SXSW registration will open on Thursday, March 12th at 9:00 AM at the Austin Convention Center (500 East Cesar Chavez Street Austin, Texas 78701) in Exhibit Hall 1. For more details check out SXSW.com.
Marketing & Networking:
SXSW Interactive had over 2000 media attendees in 2014. You should be ready to engage with them, capture their information quickly as well as give them yours. We suggest using Evernote.
Get Evernote Here or Download from the App Store or Google Play
How to Use Evernote to Capture Business Cards Quickly
Recommended Items to Bring With You at SXSW
- 3 prong splitter and 3 prong to 2 prong adapter
- Longer cable for charging phone
- Cell phone charger pack
- Energy bars
How To Get Around
(Special thanks to NowSourcing.com for putting this section together)
- As a SXSW badge holder, the TMS Hotel Shuttle pass is a must have.
- Taxi cabs are a good option if you're a little farther offsite than usual. Within the trade show area, however, they'll be in short supply. If you absolutely need a cab, have the front desk of your hotel call one for you. Alternatively, Pedicabs are another great way to get around.
- Austin public transportation will be on full overdrive (pun intended) with extended schedules and routes. The Capital Metro mobile app can help you purchase tickets, plan trips, and get real-time updates.
- Uber, the trendy car service will be working at maximum capacity. Save money and stay energy efficient by riding in style on the way to parties and events.
- If shuttles or public transpo aren't your thing, consider Austin B-Cycle. This is a great program for the cyclist, offering a pay-as-you-go rental bike virtually wherever and whenever you need it.
- Use HATCHpitch SXSW 2012 Winner - RideScout’s app for determining the best way to get from one place to the next around the city.
Ultimately, the most reliable mode of transportation is going to be your own two legs (be sure to bring comfortable shoes!). If you're not used to walking a lot, now would be a good time to start training up and building up your muscles; SXSW is a marathon.
PRO TIP: If you're planning on driving yourself around the Austin area during SXSW, please reconsider. Parking will be limited, closed streets will be plenty, and being tied down to a vehicle during this week will be a nightmare.
BONUS PRO TIP: Getting around Austin is one thing, and inside the trade show it's a whole other world. If you are planning on attending all of SXSW Interactive, take a look at this interactive map of the trade show floor to help build a game plan.